Monday, January 30, 2012

Bucket List

Well I did it, I completed a bucket list. I really wanted to sit down and think of some things I wanted to accomplish in life. Usually when I think of things I want to do I don’t come up with much. I am a pretty low key person who is generally happy sitting at home with a good book or a TV show. I don’t want alot of clothes I don’t collect anything that costs alot of money. I do not consider myself materialistic at all. So when wanting to create a bucket list what did I do? I consulted Google. One of the first hits was this link. It was great to sit down and feel like I have things to accomplish. You can view my bucket list above.

That is one of my biggest frustrations; feeling like I am not accomplishing things in my life. When I am at work I have a list of tasks that is every changing, old things getting crossed off and new things feeling added. I feel accomplished crossing things off that list. But at home I feel like I have nothing to strive for, I feel like the old things I used to enjoy are almost as waste of time because they are not productive. Dean and I have been having alot of conversations around this. For me I am not sure if some of it is a lack of motivation, a depression or just a “funk”. What I do know is that I want to get organized and start feeling “accomplished” before baby gets here. I have to be honest I am still working on my definition of what accomplished is for me.

And speaking of baby, I had my monthly check up today. I am happy to report I gained the weight the doctor wanted me too. I am not back up to my pre-pregnancy weight, with 18 weeks to go I can only hope I don’t start gaining too much weight. The heart beat was 144 again – it has consistently been that except the first time we heard it (162). One thing I am not happy about is the fact that I now have to change doctors, my family doc does not deliver babies so I will be referred to a doc at the IWK. My only hope is that they will be as calm and informed as my regular doc.

It’s back to work tomorrow for me, but a 4 day week, and another 4 day week next week as well! Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Great news on the weight gain and the baby being well! My daughters heart rates were always in the 140's as well. :) I got busy and wanted to comment on your pics on FB! You look great! Bet the nursery is cute! You're probably feeling a little like you want to be more motivated because, partly, of the pregnancy. I certainly did! Don't worry-soon enough you'll have no time to think! :P LOL

    ReplyDelete