Sunday, October 4, 2009

Food Addiction

So one of the things I did on the weekend was borrow some books from Lynn. One was called Food Addiction. I started looking through it at her place but had to stop because all of the information, even in the first few pages, hit home with me so hard I was ready to have an anxiety attack. 

books

So when I got home today I started reading it, I’m on page 17 and it has now become evidently clear that I am a Food Addict. Wow there is it out here for everyone to see now… So since this is the case, and I have been having a very hard time with dealing with this most of the afternoon I have come down to 2 choices.

1. I am a food addict and I can fight the addiction, which will be hard, time consuming and emotionally draining.

OR

2. I live with the addiction until I am either consumed by it or feel I have the will power to fight it.

The truth of the matter is I don’t know what do to. I have been back and forth on this for a very long time with these very issues. There are days where I think I am not that unhealthy, and then there are days where I want to change it. So all this means, using my nursing knowledge, is that I am in the pre-contemplation stage of my addiction. I have accepted that it is there, but I am not ready to do anything about it, but am thinking of doing something in the future.

All that being said I am in need of help, I have great supports through my friends and my husband. So I will think about this tonight, very hard. But as I am sitting here thinking now, I can’t go back to denial, and I don’t won’t be someone who is addicted to something, something as  basic as food. So I will read on through the book, I will educate myself about my addiction and then come up with a game plan.

Until I come up with a true game plan I will focus on eating right. We spent all afternoon cooking and baking healthy things and I want them and everyday will be a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment