Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Day

Last year I avoided Mothers Day at all costs. No one got cards or phone calls, no one was wished a Happy Mothers Day. Avoiding Mothers Day got me through mothers day with out tears or sadness. This year it seems like Mothers Day came early and everything was hitting me at the beginning of the month. There is also the added fact that while I am not yet a mother, I am certainty on the way to becoming one. I find alot of these holidays over rated and over commercialized. I mean who gets there mother a lap top or a phone for Mothers Day? I never did nor did I ever plan on it.

Dean is very excited because he will be a father for this Fathers Day. But I have already told him it won’t be an over the top event (especially since we will only have a baby who is less than a month old!). All I ever did was get mom/dad a card and maybe something worth 20 – 30 dollars.

With Mothers day here it really got me thinking of what my mom experinced and how her pregnancy was. There are very few pictures of her pregnant, they are poor quality and I took pictures of them, but here they are; SAM_1445SAM_1443SAM_1444

I really wish I had her to talk to about being pregnant, but I know she is watching down on me and will give me support for the big day!

So Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers out there, and Happy Sunday to all those who are not mothers!

No comments:

Post a Comment